Friday, July 30, 2004

Things That Are Useful

Word.

I've been working that one back into my vocabulary recently without even meaning to. Or maybe it's been the other way around. Maybe 'Word.' has been working it's way back into my vocabulary. Either way it gets funny after you say it a bit. Keeps the freaks at bay, though, if you use it loud enough and with enough zeal. Woooord! What's up with you?

I need to write more words every day.


Google.

It's an IPO! It's mail with a G. No E, no Dash. It scans for ads like you don't like it, but not in the sneaky way all the others do. Spam free. Threaded. Gmail is going to make email look like snail mail but with smoother jcpenny catalogs the mailman don't have to carry. Thing about Google is there's more ways to use it than there are knots.

Soople makes it simple.


The Safe.

Put the money in it every night I manage, but for some reason tonight it got freaky on me. Last one there downstairs in the office hovel. Ice machine making cubes of fear fall in a crunch as I sat with the night drawer counting cash. Finally, when I put it in, signed in the safe, the door wouldn't close. Seven times I tried the combination and each and every one made it make the three beeps of nope, and not the one chirp of yup. Finally it relented and I sealed the night away.

Did it appreciate my patience, or just get bored?




1 Comments:

Blogger kindbits said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home